Sunday, January 2, 2011

Is their affordable Health Insurance for full time students?

I'm a full time college students & I no longer have Health Insurance because I turned 19. I can't go on my dads plan because its for people 65 & over or disabled. I've looked on the internet and haven't really found anything afforable besided for International students & and not internaional. I'd like to find insurance like they can get from ISO where they can pay $27 per month. I haven't found anything like that for myself & only paying 27-40 dollars a month would be GREAT! Can anyone help me?
--------------------
If you want a policy for $40 a month, it's going to have a HUGE deductible - like $5,000 - $10,000. If that's ok, go to a local, independent agent, and tell them you want a major medical policy. Medical discount plans are in your price range, but they aren't insurance! They offer you a discount, between 25% to 60%, to a limited number of providers. You might have to drive 200 miles to get to an emergency room that takes the discount - most do NOT. Then, you still have to pay your portion of the visit. The way insurance works, the lower the deductible, the higher the monthly premium. That's JUST how it is.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment