Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Health Insurance?

Hello. My name is Angel I am 20 years old and live in an apartment with my boyfriend whom is 19 years old. I am a full time college student and he is a full time employee. We both do not have health insurance. We are getting married soon and his job does not offer insurance for a year and then the 60 days start. I am scared that if one of us gets sick we may get stuck in a bind. I am not sure what we are eligible for or who to talk to to see what the options are. We make 420 dollars a week. Are we eligible for assistance? I need advice as soon as possible. Thank you very much. Angel
--------------------
The only way to find out is to apply at your Medicaid office. It varies from state to state, etc. Other than that you might try googling medicaid and your state. My guess would be that you are not eligible, but it's really a guess. Can you get insurance from your college? I know mine had it available to students when I went. Check into that. You might be eligible to be on your parent's health insurance plan since you are a full time student. Your last option would be to purchase private insurance. Expensive. Lastly, if you have to go to the doctor, you have to go. Don't go frivolously, but if you really are sick, go. An office visit is about $150, right? Good luck and stay well. And vote.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment