Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Health Insurance?

I have 2 children from a previous relationship. I am getting married this summer, and I was wondering if my new husband could put my 2 children on his insurance plan. I dont know if he can do it seeing as they are not his biological father, but if we are married, shouldnt he be able to?
--------------------
Congratulations! Your new husband will need to inquire with his HR department about what the eligibility requirements for stepchildren are on his policy. Some employers allow all stepchildren to be enrolled. Some employers allow only stepchildren who reside with the employee to be enrolled. (There are other variations too, but the 2 scenarios I listed are the most common.) If your children are going to be living with you and your husband, most likely it won't be a problem. However, the only way to know for sure is for your husband to confirm the rules with his employer.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment