Wednesday, January 12, 2011

health insurance?

i have PPO option with a $1500 deductible with co-insurance (no co-pay). What does co-insurance mean? Would I have to bear the expenses for the 1st $1500 I spend for my health treatment/prevention? This is too much for me to bear- this insurance is worse than what I had when I was in school
--------------------
Yes, if your policy states that you have a $1,500 deductible, you will have to pay that until it's been met (paid by you in full). Some policy's do not count some preventative care towards the deductible. You will have to check your policy. You say you have a $1500 deductible with co-insurance. Check your policy-it should state what the percentage is that they cover and what the maximum out of pocket you will have. Example:they pay 80% to $3,000 out of pocket.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment