Thursday, January 27, 2011

health insurance?

I live in the State of Maryland , im 19 & recently moved out of my mom's house, because of this, i have no financial ties with her including health insurance. I plan on getting a job next month. Does anyone know how easy or difficult or if its even possible for me to get my own health insurance? The reason why health insurance is so important to me is because i have a pre-existing condition and im on chemotherapy like medication. Will i have to go through the state? I plan on starting school in Spring, will the school health plan be an option? I also plan on looking for a job next month, does anyone know any jobs that could give full coverage & under what circumstances? Also when i begin school & decide to work only part time, will this affect it? Thanks in advance:)
--------------------
First, how long ago did you lose coverage under your moms plan? You should have received COBRA paperwork from her plan which you can continue for up to 18 months (expensive but cheaper than trying to get it on your own. Almost any full time position will offer insurance. Although most exclude the pre-existing conditions if you sign up when initially eligible be careful and do not allow yourself to have more than a 63 day break in coverage (at that point they could exclude you due to your pre-existing condition). The school will probably offer insurance as well. Best of luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment