Monday, January 10, 2011

Health insurance for a student with Multiple Sclerosis?

Does anyone have any information on finding health insurance for a currently uninsured college student with Multiple Sclerosis? A friend of mine has been without medication for six months after losing his insurance and since it costs roughly $1500 a month it is impossible to earn that money on the side while attending college. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--------------------
I strongly suggest that your friend contact the National Organization for Rare Disorders if he takes Copaxone. I have MS and they supplied my drug therapy for a number of years either free of charge or at the nominal fee of $50.00 to cover shipping and handling. Your friend should contact the National MS Society if he is on a drug therapy other than Copaxone to find out what agencies have available funds. They have always provided me with contacts to obtain my MS drugs at no cost or low cost. Most of my friends who have MS get assistance from the National Organization for Rare Disorders to assist in paying for their Copaxone. NORD will assist ANY individual with or without health insurance. It is imperative to apply early in the year before the funds dry up. You are welcome to email me if you wish.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment