Thursday, January 20, 2011

does anyone know if health insurance companies send anything to colleges to find out if enrolled full time?

I was enrolled in a college full time for the fall semester and am on my fathers health insurance. I am going to another school next september full time. would I still be able to keep my fathers insurance if I enroll part time this semester or decide not to attend school because I changed my major and am going to attend an LPN school. Does the insurance company give a grace period for the insurance?
--------------------
The insurance company doesn't send anything directly to the college. Instead, its your responsibility to show the proof of full time enrollment. If you don't provide the proof, they don't pay your medical claims. If you decide not to enroll full time this semester, you'll need to find another way to insure yourself. (Or do without, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that.)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment