Friday, December 31, 2010

Where can I find an AARP person to talk to about health Insurance?

In live in North Manchester Indiana. I am a widow. Insurance for myself and I am 63. Birthday is 10/08/1943. Fairly good health and my Insurance Premiums are OUT-OF-SIGHT. I draw each month $1004 and my health Ins. is up to $442 a mo. this isn't including my payment for Life Ins. I hear that the AARP Organization is good. Been trying to get ahold of them but, with this talking-to-a-machine thing is just not working so, is their someone out their that would know when and where the next AARP Meeting is going to be at? Maybe I could talk to someone face to face.
--------------------
AARP uses United Health as the underwriter for their policies. United Health is one of the better companies and is also known as Golden Rule for individuals (my personal policy is with Golden Rule). However, there are some differences between the AARP policy and the Golden Rule policies which makes the Golden Rule policy better. Also, the premium on the Golden Rule policy is usually slightly less that with the AARP policy. You'll need to contact a local independent agent who deals with Golden Rule and they can help you. They can also look at some other companies to try to get you a better deal and can also suggest other ways to lower your premium. Depending upon your situation Golden Rule may not be best for you. If you go through an independent agent you also have someone to help you if there are any problems getting you on a policy and also while you're on the policy. If you go directly through AARP you have an 800 number for assistance but you never talk to the same person twice, which as you know can be frustrating. Do not under any circumstances cancel your current insurance until you are accepted by another plan.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment