Friday, December 31, 2010

health insurance?

Ok here is my problem, I was a full time college student and decided to become a part time student for this semester. I use to be covered by my parents health insurance but only if I was a fulltime student. Do you think I could reapply next semester since I'm deciding on being a full time student. Do you think this will work out?
--------------------
You are referring to a policy that most health insurance co's have, in this if a child is under 23 (confirm with your co) but over 18 you will need to show proof that he/she is enrolled as a full time student. So depending on your age, you may or maynot be able to jump back on your parents policy. Confirm with your parents HR person, I highly advice you retain a Individual plan asap, here is why. In life we cannot predict the future, everyday I speak to someone who says, "I don't have health insurance, because I am really healthy".. This statement presumes that the person can see her/his future. Health Insurance is for the possibility of future claims, purchasing it when you are healthy is important, because when we are not healthy it is impossible to purchase a good plan at a reasonable rate. Everyday I speak to someone who waits to purchase insurance, and then it is too late. Here is a dose of reality, automatic declines can including: Diabetes, visiting a chiropractor more than 10times in a 12month period, BMI over 35%, Abnormal Pap test, Asthma combined with any steroid rx, Breast Implants with Silicone, Broken limbs within 90days, the list goes on and on.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment