Friday, December 31, 2010

Health Insurance???

I am needing to find a health insurance plan for my family. It will be for my husband & I and our 2 girls. I am looking for something that will cover it all....health, dental, vision....whatever. If anyone can kind of point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Or if you have any tips for me. I really don't even know where to begin.... Oh and my husband is self employed....he's an independent contractor (if that helps at all)
--------------------
There is no one best company and with health insurance you get what you pay for. Visit a local agent that works with all the major companies in your area. The agent can find the best plan for your situation and budget and can explain what you get and, more importantly, what you won't get with any plan. There is no extra charge using an agent. Most individual policies don't include dental and vision. Some will have limited dental and vision as an optional benefit at an additional cost but when you do the math you are generally better off without the coverage. The agent can show you the plans with this option. Do not try to do this over the internet. It'll take you several days to intelligently compare all the plans available. Also, if you have any pre-existing conditions that might add a rider to the policy, cause you to be declined, or if you are out of the height and weight guidelines you won't know until you've applied and gone through the underwriting process.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment