Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What Health Insurance Company Will Take Me?

I am a 26 year old female in need of health insurance. Most companies won't insure you if you have a pre-existing condition. I have type 2 diabetes. My doctor has me going to a dietian, and I only take metformin once a day, other than that I am healthy. (no insulin, and I exercise.) I usually go to the doctor twice a year. Can anyone suggest an insurance company that will probably accept me and my condition.
--------------------
Nobody here will be able to help you because not all companies write policies in every state. Also, any one company will have different underwriting requirements in different states. In addition, each company will have several policies from which to choose and they may decline with one policy while they may accept with another policy. Companies that will accept diabetes will also look at other factors, such as hypertension, high cholesterol, cardiac conditions, height and weight, and the length of time the diabetes has been under control. Many of the companies that will accept someone with diabetes will also charge you a higher premium or may not cover the diabetes for a period of time. You need to visit a local agent that works with all of the major companies in your area. The agent will know which companies will accept you and on what terms. There is no extra charge using an agent.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment