Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I met a wealthy feminist who blamed the poor for having jobs that lack health insurance. Is she a feminist?

She claimed that anyone can get health insurance, and blamed the poor for not being covered. She acted like going to a hospital without insurance was a deliberate act of sabotage. She said that anyone can go out and get coverage via Medicaid or whatever. She calls herself a liberal and a Democrat and a feminist. When I explained that Medicaid doesn't cover the poor in most states, she blamed the poor for not getting jobs that provide health insurance. She has herself worked at high-wage jobs and has a wealthy husband. How could somebody who has no sense of equality or reality be called a feminist? When did feminism become all about "me me me" and "screw the little guy"?
--------------------
Sounds more like a Conservative to me. Feminism is about equality under all circumstances. Changing the axis of power so all have access to resources.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment