Wednesday, December 22, 2010

If I take online classes would I still have my parents health insurance?

Health Insurance companies require you to be a dependent to be under your parents health insurance. Meaning your parents still support you monetarily. Students in College are covered as well, is that not correct? So if I was traveling abroad and was taking online classes would I still be covered under my parents health insurance?
--------------------
Well, just from my own experience: The insurance company did cover me under my parents until I was 18 with no school required OR till I was 21 with school (I think, but because now I'm 38 don't quite remember). So, as long as I was a "full time student" i I was covered. i went to "independant studies" and that counted as full time. Now, I don't reccomend this, but there was a short time that I Enrolled in more classes (at my local JC) than I was going to be able to do. Then I proved to insurance I was full time and then I dropped some of them. I am not usually unethical, and I hate to say this, but screw those rip off artists and I needed to work and go to part time school, so I did what I had to. I think there may have been a clause about living at home too, I forgot. The best way would be to ask, maybe in a generic "a friend of mine wants to know" kind of way.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment