Saturday, December 25, 2010

Want to help with CA legislation to make sure health insurance provides maternity/pregnancy coverage?

I am working on a bill in the California State Legislature to close a loophole in the law that is allowing some health insurance companies to sell policies that don't provide pregnancy care. If you've been in this situation (insured and pregnant without maternity coverage) and would like to share your story and help pass the bill to help other moms and families, please get in touch. Thanks!
--------------------
I think this is wonderful frankly. I quit a job when I read the health insurance policy. The owner of the small company was done having kids so saw no reason to continue carrying maternity coverage for his employees. 5 other employees quit after I did for the same reason (one had a wife who was already pregnant- big surprise for HIM).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment