Saturday, December 25, 2010

I need to be seen for depression but don't have health insurance. Where do I go for help?

I've been really depressed for about 2-3 months straight. It's becoming unbearable and I need to get to a doctor. But without health insurance, how can I get the help I need without going broke?
--------------------
Every county has a health department, and most have a department of mental health, too, where you can get psychiatric help as well as ongoing psychotherapy. They will screen you for financial eligibility, and will have a sliding scale for payment. Who knows; you may be eligible for free services, or even Medicaid if you have minor children and meet the financial requirements. Good luck-- I totally empathize with the way depression paralyzes a person. Hang in there!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment