Saturday, December 25, 2010

My father is not in the best health and needs health insurance and life insurance, how can I help with this?

He is in his late 50s and has not been taking good care of himslef. He has high blood pressure, but does not keep up with his doctor appointments. He lives with my sister and her husband, but they cant make him go. He works for a company that does not have medical benefits, or life insurance coverage for their employees. He will not leave this employer. What can I do to get him cheap (but good) health insurance, and also life insurance? He wont pay for his life insurance, and if I want to get it on him, I will have to pay it myself -I can't afford anything much - but I need to have something on him to cover basic costs if something should happen to him.
--------------------
It won't be hard to get health insurance, but it won't cover any pre-existing conditions. For a man in his late 50's, it will probably run $400 a month - that's cheap, for health insurance, for his age. Life insurance is easier. If you're willing to pay enough for life insurance, you can insure someone on their death bed. You only have to pay face value plus 10%, and ANY company will write it. If you don't want to pay face value, then you're looking at "going rates", and it's going to be very, very expensive - possibly 10% of face value per year. It would probably be cheaper to just bank the money. In either case, you'll have to shop around to a local insurance agent, for quotes on both.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment