Monday, December 27, 2010

Can my employer drop group health insurance coverage while I am pregnant?

I live in Oklahoma and I just found out that I am pregnant and my employer is considering dropping my group health insurance. Are there any laws that prevent me from being dropped? How do I continue my health insurance to cover my pregnancy?
--------------------
Employers can do what they want. They can call an insurance company and have you dropped and the insurance company will do as directed by their client, your employer. But they also have to follow their company policies. However, your employment agreement, the company directives and policies and/or the past practice of the employer should be questioned. Go to your human resource or personnel rep and ask questions and ask to see the company policies. Also check your state laws. If dropped. go get Medicaid or whatever it is called in OK. asap. If you can afford to get your own coverage, there is no preexisting exclusions for pregnancy per federal law.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment