Monday, December 27, 2010

Can a professional (SLP or OT) bill to Medicaid or health insurance for services made six months, a year ago?

I know this seems pretty basic. But, I need clarity. I wanted to know if a medical professional (speech language pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist) can bill for services made six months or a year ago? Or is it too long of wait. I'm basically asking what is the allowable amount of time elaspe would be to make claims to Medicaid or any type of health insurance on services a medical professional provides.
--------------------
When I complete Medicaid application forms for my son it asks if there are any unpaid medical bills within the last 3 months...so I guess they will only pay for services up to 3 months prior.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment