Monday, December 27, 2010

Can you get on Medicaid in GA if you already have health insurance?

I just found out that I am pregnant, and my job pays for my health insurance, but the coverage really sucks. I would have to pay out a lot of money when I had the baby, and we just don't have the money for that. I know that I would qualify for Medicaid. I was just wondering with me already having health insurance, could I also be put on Medicaid. Thanks so much for your help.
--------------------
Under some circumstances, you can. Some states even offer "pregnancy only" coverage through their state children's health insurance plan (in GA, this is called PeachCare). Definately apply and find out. Make sure they know that you're pregnant, and applying for coverage for the pregnancy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment