Monday, December 27, 2010

Can I claim my tuition and my daughter's health insurance deductible on my taxes?

I am a single mother and a full time student. I paid about 2,900 in tuition last year and paid about 3500 in health insurance deductible and co-pays and i work part-time in my family's business I only make about 9,000 a year what am I able to claim as a single mother?
--------------------
I do not suggest doing your taxes yourself first of all. You are eligible for many tax credits because of your income. If your child lived with you over half of the year and you paid more than half the cost of keeping up the home you are eligible to file Head of Household I believe. You should also be eligible for the EIC and the child tax credit. I go to Liberty Tax. They charge more but they can get you a much bigger refund than if you try and do them yourself. I used to file mine on my own with Turbo Tax and I missed many of the credits I was eligible for.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment