Monday, December 6, 2010

is there a law that applicants for a health insurance could no longer cancer application after payment?

I have asked to cancel my application for health insurance but the company does not want to refund my payment. Do I not have the right to cancel it after paying it?
--------------------
Well, you don't have to PAY to APPLY. Once the application is ACCEPTED, though, then that payment is a PREMIUM. You can cancel the POLICY, but you can't cancel an APPLICATION. If you got charged an "application fee", it's likely non-refundable. But we don't know what you paid, or to whom, based on what terms. Clearly, you did this on your own, so you're acting as your own agent. But that's why I recommend using a local agent - because THEY would be able to answer your questions, and they wouldn't be selling you a ripoff product.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment