Monday, December 6, 2010

How long can i remain under my parents health insurance?

I am 21 and not currently a full-time student. but after this new healthcare reform stuff I have heard that i can jump back onto my parents health insurance until i am 26, even with me not being a full-time student. any truth to this?
--------------------
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?… I quote (so don't give me the credit): "If you are talking about the health bill; adult children through age 26 can stay on their parents' plan beginning with plan year 9/23/10. Plan years can be at any time and is when the policy comes up for renewal. For example, if your policy plan year starts in October you can go back on the plan starting October 2010. If, however, your plan year starts in September you can't go back on until September 2011, at which time you won't be 26 anymore."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment