Friday, December 3, 2010

I have a liability claim against at fault parties for damages. What duty due I owe to my health insurance co?

( Premises liability)There are about $ 20,000 in medical bills. Will the health insurance co file a lien against the at fault party's insurance company or will they have a right to my settlement. Also, the at fault party has $ 5000 in med pay coverage. Would my health insurance be able to file a claim against that? My health insurance co - bcbs has been VERY uncoopertive in explaining this to me. Thank you.
--------------------
They will have a right to your settlement, under the "transfer of rights of recovery" section. Yes, they can attach the medical payments amount, OR any liability payment amount, up to how much they paid out.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment