Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How do I find a mental hospital to check into if i dont have health insurance?

I dont have any health insurance. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 14. I'm going to be 24 next month and I've been off meds since I was 18 but I know I need help now, but I dont have insurance or a job. I have NO WAY to support myself or pay for counceling. PLEASE HELP!!!
--------------------
I agree with Andy. Also, while this is not hospitalization, do you have Easter Seals in your area? If you do, you probably qualify for psychiatric services and therapy at no cost. Have you also looked in to applying for Medicaid? Medicaid coverage is retroactive for 90 days, so if you're suicidal it's likely a hospital would admit you if you tell a little white lie and say you've applied for Medicaid. Best of luck, whichever route you decide to take.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment