Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How big of a problem will it be for my to have health insurance when I'm older?

I was born with cataracts and have not had lens replacement/implant surgery. I'm legally blind and my vision is terrible. There is a very high chance due to family history I will have high blood pressure and probably high cholesterol. With the economy the way it is, and my health problems, how hard will it be to get insurance when im older? I'm currently in high school.
--------------------
If you get a job that has group health benefits you will not have any problems, other than a 6 - 12 month waiting period (depending on your state) before any pre-existing conditions are covered. If you try to get an individual policy, no matter your age, the companies will either place a permanent rider on the cataracts or will decline to accept you (again, depending on your state). A rider means they will accept you but not cover the cataracts or anything related to the cataracts. The rider will remain in place until you've had, and paid for yourself, corrective surgery.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment