Saturday, November 13, 2010

What is the cost of baby health insurance?

I am doing a project for health class, called baby's first year. I have every thing that i would cost to have a baby except Doctor, Hospital cost and health Insurance. If you know how much it is, I would love it because I have googled it and you need all this detailed information.
--------------------
Depends on the policy. With my previous employer the health insurance premium was $216 a month for my son, with my current employer, it is much cheaper and I only pay $20 a month for one child. The total cost will also depend on what benefits are available for the child under the plan. Babies go the the doctor a lot during the first year for regular check-ups. Usually seven times (at two weeks, one month, two months, four months, six months, nine months and 12 months) more if they are sick. With my old plan, I had to pay 20% for all visits which was about $60-$80 each time, but with my new plan it is a flat $20 co-pay for each visit.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment