Saturday, November 27, 2010

What are options for people who do not have health insurance and need to go to the doctor?

I do have a job, but because I am not full time I have no health insurance and I should probably have a physical... Where can I go?
--------------------
Well, you pay out of pocket. For a comprehensive physical, a primary care physician office is your best bet. Tell them you're self-pay and they can give you an idea how much it will cost beforehand. If it's an annual female exam, try planned parenthood. They usually have a sliding scale. You should think about getting health insurance though. If you don't have any chronic illnesses you can get a high-deductible policy pretty cheap. It won't cover your physical but it will save you from bankruptcy if you have a serious illness or injury. If you do have a preexisting condition, see if your state has a risk pool. I'm employed part-time and I buy my own insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment