Friday, November 5, 2010

How is the health care overhaul different from auto insurance?

I'm not well versed in the world of politics, but I just read that there are 13 states that are going to sue because they claim it is unconstitutional for the government to mandate that we have health care. How can they require us to keep auto insurance then? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to not have auto insurance; I don't see how that's different than health insurance.
--------------------
purely a political statement. Federal social law trumps states rights. Isn't the right glad they didn't push tort reform through so that they can clog up the court system with these frivolous lawsuits? EDIT: To the person above: Problem with people like you who don't want insurance is that when you do use the health system, people who have insurance, like me, end up paying for your services with higher premiums and fees. Why should I have to pay for your poor choices? EDIT: To Ali. Your fearful speculation about premiums is unfounded as there is no indication in the legislation that says they will go up [although conservative talk radio has beaten that into you head pretty well]. But I know for a fact that a $500 a night stay in a semi-private room [the room only] is overinflated so that the uninsured are cared for.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment