Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Does health insurance cover therapy?

I'm new at this whole "health insurance" all I know is that I have United Health Care "choice plus premium" health insurance. What I've been told by doctors is that it's pretty much the best....like the visa of health insurance accepted everywhere and covers a full range of medical needs. But does health insurance cover therapy? Or is that outside of health guidelines it's not a need it's a want? Kinda like liposuction?........Or breast implants. Does anyone know anything about this?
--------------------
I assume you mean mental health therapy. Pretty much all insurance covers therapy to some extent. The best way to find out is to call the number on your health insurance card and ask them what they cover and what therapists you can choose from. It varies by state and plan, so it's not really possible for me to answer it better than that.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment