Monday, August 1, 2011

Does anyone recomend a short-term health insurance plan company?

I'm looking for a monthly premium of about $300 for a healthy family of four with a reasonable deductible.
--------------------
I have links to six different companies on my site. I DON'T recommend short term when there is no 'regular' coverage forthcoming. Short-term should only fill a gap. So, use it when you get a new job and coverage doesn't start for ~90 days or when you're applying for a regular plan and just waiting for it to go through. Also, DON'T get a short term plan after you lose your job 'anticipating' you're going to find a job and one with coverage. A common mistake that people make anyway is putting the whole family on a group plan when the employer is only covering the employee. In that case you'd buy coverage for the rest of the family on your own since it'd be cheaper.
Source

1 comment:

  1. Even I am searching for a short term health plan in a hope that I will get coverage with the job I am looking for. The point that you have suggested is worth noticing. I will think on it and then decide accordingly. Thanks for this nice advice.
    product liability insurance

    ReplyDelete