Saturday, July 30, 2011

Who should pay for health insurance?

I go to school full time and we have 2 children. My husband is self-employed and we have no health insurance. The children do, medicaid. My husband says when I am done with school, I should work full time to provide the family with health insurance. When I am sick and need to go to the doctor, he gives me attitude because we will incur another bill. I say if he wants to be self-employed, he should make enough to pay for it, or get a real job.
--------------------
First, having health insurance for yourself is important. One way or another you need to get some. At this point, since your husband is the sole breadwinner, he should pay for health insurance. There are plans out there for small businesses. What do you want to do after you finish school? If you desire, you can work part-time or full time. A full time job may provide you with some great insurance. Only work full time if you need the money or you want to. Do what is right for your family. Your children come first.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment