Sunday, July 31, 2011

Has anyone ever been denied of health insurance? and why?

I was denied of health insurance and I'm not sure why. I havent gotten my results back yet, because of the HIPPA law. I was just wondering if any of you were ever denied of health insurance and why. I am just confused and scared as to why I would be denied.
--------------------
There are many reasons to be denied health insurance. You could be out of the height and weight guidelines. Each company has it's own guideline and you could be denied with one company and accepted with another. You could have an undiagnosed condition. No insurance company will accept you in this case. You could have impending surgery scheduled. No company will accept you in this case. You could have a pre-existing condition. Each company has it's own guidelines. One company could deny, one could accept you with a rate-up or an exclusion (rider), another could accept you with no additional riders. You will receive a reason for the denial but you probably won't receive any test results. After you do, you should visit a local independent agent that works with all the major companies in your area. The agent knows, or can find out, which company would accept you. There is no extra charge using an agent.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment