Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Why Are Some People Do Not Have Health Insurance?

I think it's really sad. Are there any resources that can help them? I want to try and help.
--------------------
I don't currently have health insurance. My husband got laid off from his job in January. We had health insurance through his work and we were given the option to do the COBRA health insurance through them. COBRA is offered to all employees and their families after an employee is laid off or fired. However, the premiums were near $800 a month for the COBRA, which is almost 4 times as much as we had been paying each month! We simply couldn't afford it! For people like me, there are not really any resources that can help. I make too much money to be considered for government assistance (I make a whopping $18,000 a year), but too little to be able to afford health insurance! You are an amazing person for wanting to help! I hope that you find a way to do so!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment