Wednesday, May 25, 2011

can someone tell me what the definition of renewing a short-term health insurance policy is really referring..

to because I thought it was simply the option and process of reapplying for a new short term policy at the expiration of the previous policy??? Because, for my short-term health insurance I can reapply as many times as I want but I'm sure the preexisting clause still applies if I get ill with the first policy as it is considered an altogether new policy...so basically I cant "work" the system by applying for coverage early and being approved early, as the preexisting condition still applies. Illnesses that roll over to the new policy will not be covered as they are preexisting? Of course, I guess I could get a short term policy outside of the company im with now that overlaps although Insurance companies don't want to insure people who already have insurance?
--------------------
You are using short term insurance in the wrong way. It is not really meant to be renewed but rather as a bridge between more permanent employer-sponsored plans. If you need to do this however, you may be better off signing up for a new policy with a new insurer that takes effect the day after the old one expires. That way you solve this problem.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment