Wednesday, May 18, 2011

At current rates and increases, will I be paying 25,000 a year for health insurance?

Every year my health insurance goes up and the deductible gets higher. It went up 15% last year while normal inflation says it should go up at 3%. I am paying 500 a month for myself only...that is after tax money so I must make 750 a month or 9,000 a year just to pay for an inadequate policy. At current price increases, in ten years I will need to make 25,000 just to pay for insurance. What effect will that have on businesses and consumers?
--------------------
That seems very high and there should be no reason you can't use pretax dollars to purchase the insurance. I also doubt you would see the rates rise by 15% every year. I found on my insurance that it won't go up at all for several years and then there is a big jump like the one you described.. Some reform is needed but gutting a system that provides such great care and starting over from scratch makes no sense at all.. Less than $500/mo for the family and NO deductible at all. 100% hospital coverage too..
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment