Friday, April 1, 2011

If I work for a company in Massachusetts and I live in Oregon, can they provide health insurance?

I may be taking a work from home job from a company in Massachusetts. Unfortunately they say they are unable to provide health benefits to an employee that lives in Oregon. Is this true?
--------------------
That sounds really strange. You should be able to use their insurance even if you are stuck using out of network providers in Oregon. It's even stranger as Mass has a state law requiring everyone to have medical insurance. Ask them for a pay increase to help off set you buying your own insurance. In any case the saving you have by living in Oregon vs Mass should cover your insurance any way if all else fails. Plus you get to stay in Oregon, Ma kind of sucks. I'm in Bend, Or. my self
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment