Saturday, April 2, 2011

How can I figure out if my health insurance covers therapy/seeing a psychologist?

Who can I talk to to figure out if my insurance covers that??? thanks :)
--------------------
Look at your insurance ID card. There is a phone number on it for member services, member information, or something to that effect. Call that number and ask them. Insurance companies frequently use computerized phone answering systems that will ask you a LOT of questions to get you to the right person. Sometimes it can be hard to get through those menus correctly, just try until you get to a live person and if it's not the right person they can help you get to the right extension. Alternately, there's probably a web address on your card also. If you have enough information about the account you'll be able to log in and look for your benefits statement, however I find that these explanations are sometimes confusing and I prefer to talk to a live person myself.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment