Sunday, February 6, 2011

With this new health care bill can I just get insurance if I get sick?

I have health insurance now that costs me quite a bit per month. Since companies can no longer deny due to pre-existing conditions can I drop my insurance and then just get it again if I get sick and need it? Who in their right mind wouldn't do that? It's like only buying housing insurance when you have a fire or car insurance after an accident - so much cheaper. It seems almost like they didn't think about that when they wrote the bill.
--------------------
OK, you realize that none of the insurance part kicks in for three more years, right? Right now, the only thing that kicks in, are tax increases. But you're correct - anyone who does the math, will realize that it's way cheaper to wait until something happens to buy insurance. And then they'll act that way. It's called 'adverse selection'. And frankly, they don't care about it (the politicians), because that's not the POINT of the bill. The POINT, is to create more demand for public option or government health insurance, and create more entitlement programs, and create more dependency on the government.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment