Sunday, February 6, 2011

Do I have to get a paternity test to get my fiance's health insurance coverage?

I just found out I'm pregnant! I currently don't have health insurance but, my fiance does. How would we go about getting the baby & me covered under his insurance?
--------------------
You cannot be covered unless you are married. If you get married like tomorrow, then most insurance companies still won't cover any 'medical issues' you had prior to getting on his insurance. Pregnancy is commonly considered a pre-exsisting condition so you will not be covered. The baby will definately be covered as soon as he/she is born. Don't worry TOO much about not having insurance. I have a good friend who is married and they dont have insurance. Long story short----she was upfront that she wasn't insured and they worked with her totally. She only had to pay about $3000 for everything. But you have to look for the 'deals' and ask around.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment