Sunday, February 27, 2011

What health insurance should I get?

I have back problems, herniated discs, bulging discs, collapsed disc, spondylolisthesis, and osteoarthritis. I went to the doctor and he basically said that I am screwed and to find good insurance. Who covers pre-existing conditions? Hopefully I won't need surgery for many years but I think I should get insurance now instead of waiting. Any ideas? Do you know of any company that allows you to work at home and offers health insurance? Thanks
--------------------
I'm sorry for your health issues. In America, it's a sad state. Most companies will not take you. But your luck might be best served in your State's High Risk Pool. In Nebraska, for example, where I'm at, it's call the NE CHIP program. If you google your state plus high risk pool, your state may have something for you, however, it sometimes can be pricey, varies by state. Also, most state administered high risk pools will have certain requirements, for example, to be the state resident for at least 6 months to a year, or to have certain health conditions that qualify, or to be declined within 6 months for private insurance first. Your second option is to apply for a job that provides good group health insurance. I know that's a tall order, but with your current medical conditions, it's a way to get automatic coverage. Last option is to look at a health or medical supplement or medical income/expense plan. These plans are limited benefit, but if you find the right company, it'll be some coverage to help with your bills or loss of income while you are receiving care. For more information, go to the blog, www.angelsfin.com.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment