Sunday, February 27, 2011

no health insurance and have a preexisting condition. Can I start work? or is there any insurance available?

I live in GA. We just got an insurance and told them about this condition. It's very small surgery for my daughter. but now they are denying it. Is there any other insurance I can take? or if I get insurance through work would that help?
--------------------
Some group policies at work do not care about preexisting conditions. Some do. It is usually the private ones, not work connected that up the rates. Probably something to do with---- if you can work, then you probably are not too sick, or disabled, so you can be insured. If it is a dependent child, would you need to take insurance for you as well as the child, and what is the waiting period. Work insurance takes a while to go into effect. You may have a rider or whatever it is called, that will exclude treatment, or make you wait so long to have insurance, or treatment for the preexisting condition. I don't know for sure, you could find out some how who the employer or potential employer uses and check it out on line or by calling the company.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment