Sunday, February 27, 2011

How strict is Humana health insurance with pre-existing conditions?

I've had acne since my teens but it's really been bothering me lately psychologically and hurting alot when trying to sleep on my back from cysts. Also sometimes minor acne on my face has been causing permanent scars. I want to go to the dermatologist and see if I can get accutane, but I just got my health insurance beginning of the year and had no creditable coverage before that. According to their written policy, I might not be eligible since I actually went to the doctor and got antibiotics for acne less than 24 months before enrollment in the health plan. I would like to say that the condition manifested itself in the past month psychologically which caused me to seek out accutane, which is true. Should I even mention my past diagnosis can they check it somehow? I really don't want to pay $3000 out of pocket for accutane, but I feel I really need to do this now for my own well being. What should I say to the doctor, how much will they investigate preexisting condition
--------------------
For $3000 in bills after you've been covered for only a few months, they are likely to investigate it pretty thoroughly. Also, Acne is something that is ongoing so it wouldn't be all that hard to prove that you've had a pre-existing condition. A lot is going to depend on how that pre-existing condition clause reads on your coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment