Sunday, February 27, 2011

Question about health insurance and oral surgery?

I am getting health insurance through my employer but it does not include dental. If I have to get oral surgery, (after being referred by my dentist) could it be covered under my regular medical insurance?(since it is surgery and would not be done by my dentist, but by an oral surgeon) I realize I can find this out from the Insurance company, but I don't have the cards yet and the oral surgery is not certain. I would just like to be prepared before this all comes about.
--------------------
Your health insurance likely covers all types of necessary surgery as ordered by a doctor. (not elective surgery like breast implants) If your insurance does not have dental, that means it will not cover work or products done by a dentist. Oral surgery is usually done by an oral surgeon and is usually covered. Your plan document will spell that out or you should be able to call the benefits hotline for confirmation.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment