Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I am 14 weeks pregnant and just moved to California and found out that my Aetna health insurance doesn't cover?

My insurance doesn't cover pregnancy for individual plans. I have too much money to be covered by medi-cal and Aim requires at least 6 months of residency to be covered. I can afford health care but no one will cover me now. Do I have any other options?
--------------------
Most OB's and hospitals have discounted rates for prenatal care and delivery. Call your OB and the hospital you will be delivering at and ask. Best to check early since some may require that the fees be paid prior to or at delivery. You will also need to ask about the cost of the well baby check (and if a male baby, circumcision) done by the pediatrician in the hospital and the cost of an epidural. Your other option is to get a job with group coverage. Pregnancy cannot be considered preexisting with a group coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment