Friday, December 10, 2010

What's the consequence if I lie about being a full-time student in order to get health insurance?

My father's health insurance runs through Cigna and his company covers people through the age of 25 if they are full-time students. They only ask to see verification of your course schedule. Last year I faxed the coordinator my schedule and was approved but I dropped the courses. This year I plan on taking a full-time fall/winter term schedule but they need verification by tomorrow. Can I lie and give them my proposed schedule or does that cause harsh penalties?
--------------------
If and when the insurance company finds out that you weren't a full time student at that time, they will retroactively terminate you for the time period in which you weren't a student. Any medical claims that were paid out for you during this time will be reimbursed. The medical providers will then come after you for the payments.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment