Thursday, December 2, 2010

are car payments and health and car insurance considered a utility when applying for food stamp benefits?

I am trying to apply for food stamps and am not sure if my car payment, car insurance, and health insurance count towards my utilities. I really need these stamps, until my employers can give me more work hours, so I want to give as much detailed information as possible on my food stamp application, without filling it our incorrectly. Also, do you know if receiving food stamps can potentially ruin your credit?
--------------------
Utilities are things like electric, gas/oil, water, and possibly phone service.... Unfortunately, things like car payments and insurance are practical matters, but not usually considered part of the 'budget' - There are other factors that they consider in factoring in how much you get foodstamps; they will be taking a look at the amount of income you do have/bring in; how much you pay for your shelter costs; and from there, they decide the amount according to their scale, how much you get... I don't think food stamps would ruin your credit... I think not paying your bills effects your credit; fs are necessary when the funds are low... and should not count against you.... interesting question though... ask your case worker...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment