Sunday, November 7, 2010

What is the best company to get health insurance from?

Everyone likes their health insurance so much there must be plenty of good companies out there. I'm looking for an option besides the government option. I'll even try your insurance company if you are really happy with them. Please provide me with the name of the company and what you like about their service. I would like to compare several policies (I assume they are all different) before I decide. Also, if anyone could point out the differences in policies between different insurers that would be very helpful. Thanks.
--------------------
Get an insurance broker. They'll do all of the leg work for you and provide you w/ the best options based upon your needs and budget. It's worth it...too many people think they're covered and find out they're not w/ the policy they picked. I have Blue Shield Active Start 35 -- it's a catastrophic plan but works well. It mitigates my risk to a maximum of $7500/yr -- something I can probably handle if I hit that threshold. Many people are also adopting HSA's (Health Savings Accounts) in conjunction w/ their PPO's/HMO's. Doing so allows you tax-free access to money that is pulled from your pay-check on a monthly basis to pay for any deductibles/bills you may encounter w/in the year. At the end of the year, you can spend that money on health related items tax-free. Go to a Rite Aid or CVS pharmacy and load up. The Broker will help you maximize the benefit of that as well -- in conjunction w/ the insurance policy. Be smart. I received a few services from the hospital many months back and had no problem w/ billing/claims. They even picked up the phone when I called to ask about a separate bill that showed up a week after I paid the rest. In addition, I was charged in-full for an MRI b/c I didn't get authorization beforehand. After a brief 2 minute conversation w/ customer service, they apologized for the inconvenience, reissued the bill as if they had pre-approved it, reminded me to get approval next time and sent me my bill for the deductible.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment