Sunday, November 7, 2010

How long to reapply for health insurance if I was already denied?

I applied with human and got denied I guess for having 2 bladder infections within 6 months, because I have no other health conditions just that. Well anyways I want to try to reapply with another insurance, but should I wait? Will I probably get denied again? I was also thinking of not putting in on the application because its dumb to get denied for something such as that.
--------------------
Different companies have different underwriting guidelines and different companies can do different things. One company may deny - another may rider (which means they'll accept you but not cover anything related to the bladder) for a period of time 1 year to permanent - another company will accept you but not cover as a pre-existing condition (6-12 months depending on state law) - while another company may accept you. Some companies may decline on one policy level or type but accept on another policy level or type. Your agent should have contacted the insurance company prior to you applying to find out what they would do. If you don't have an agent then you are your own agent and this will happen. An agent can do a pre-screen with the insurance companies prior to you applying. There is no extra charge using an agent. If you don't mention the infections the insurance company can rescind the policy in the future and make you pay back everything they've paid out for you. This is bad if you get very sick and rack up $100,000 in medical charges.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment