Thursday, November 4, 2010

How should I start going to the doctor - Received Health Insurance after 7 years with none?

An odd question, but stay with me: I haven't had any health insurance for 7 years. Now, finally with a wonderful new job, my excellent health insurance benefits start tomorrow. There is so much that I need. When should I go to the doctor? I'm posititive they will find little things that I have had for a long time, but done nothing about - will they determine it to be a pre-exsisting condition? I mean, if I go the first day of my insurance, they will know that I had this medical condition before my insurance was in place - does that make a difference? I don't know how it works. Thanks!
--------------------
Most group plans will consider something to be a pre-existing condition only if you've seen a doctor or received medical treatment for that condition within the past 6-12 months. Unless you've seen a doctor your plan should cover you with no problems.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment