Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Health insurance?

I am about to turn 18. I have blue cross blue shield though my parents. Someone told me I had to register in school to keep my insurance. But someone else told me I am covered until I am 21 as long as I am not married and am my parents dependant. Which one is true? Need to know. I am turning 18 in a week and its to late to register until Winter. I have health problems. Not good! Jesus saves! YAY!
--------------------
You need to have your parents look up what an eligible dependent is under their coverage in their benefit booklet. If they no longer have this, they can speak to someone in their HR department or contact BCBS customer service. Most BCBS group policies cover a dependent to age 19 end of year. If your parent's coverage is through a COBRA eligible employer, losing coverage due to loss of dependent status is a COBRA qualifying event.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment